Smoothies taste dramatically better when you’ve picked the fruit yourself. Zoey found out yesterday. My favorite quote of the day from the Z: “Daddy, I didn’t even know I loved them.”
Thanks to the McAreaveys for letting us raid their raz patch on a hot summer day.
Here’s our smoothie recipe du jour. Roughly. Just blend it all up, serve, and smile. And don;t you dare follow these directions. Smoothies are for making it up as you go.
- 2-3 cups of fresh picked raspberries
- 2 peaches (not very good or ripe, but they did the trick)
- 1 handful of fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of local honey (also from the McAreavey farm)
- 2 cups plain yogurt (haven’t quite made the jump to the Greek stuff. no matter how much Torin likes it, it’s still just sour cream to me)
- a little bit of orange juice
- 3 handfuls of ice cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly ground flax seed (don’t tell the kiddos!)